Cannot get Spell Checker to function??

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
mikiemike

Cannot get Spell Checker to function??

Post by mikiemike »

Newbie here with a ? for the system experts!!

Just loaded Open Office 4.1.5 on my MacBook Air and I cannot seem to get the spell checker to work on my just typed document???

Any and all would be greatly appreciated!!

Mikiemike aka Mike
Open Office 4.1.5
Mac Airbook Air
RusselB

Re: Cannot get Spell Checker to function??

Post by RusselB »

Please provide more information. Is spell checker underlining all words indicating that they are spelled correctly?
Is spell checker not underlining any words, indicating that they are all spelled correctly, even when you intentionally misspell a common word?
If the first, the common cause is a corrupted user profile. Instructions on fixing that can be found in the [Tutorial]Mac FAQ
If the second, then check that the language of your document matches the language of the spell checker. This might also be found in the above mentioned FAQ.
If it's not, then someone with more Mac knowledge than I have will have to give assistance on fixing that.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Re: Cannot get Spell Checker to function??

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers