[Solved] Unable to install NZ dictionary

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Doddy

[Solved] Unable to install NZ dictionary

Post by Doddy »

I am having great trouble with Open Office file checker. The Open Office New Zealand dictionary seems to have disappeared and I am unable to load a replacement. When I try to add the dictionary from the Open Office extension site and choose from the options “Open” with Open Office the Extension Manager form opens then a message box appears: “C:\users\brian\appdata\roaming\openoffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\sv3y20x.tmp\me\dict-en-nz-2012-10-12.oxp does not exist.” The is no such directory path on my computer.
I can choose “Save” when the dictionary file goes to my download folder and the same message appears in the Extension Manager. How can I get the dictionary installed?
Last edited by Doddy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10
Doddy

Re: Unable to install NZ dictionary

Post by Doddy »

A further note.
The dictionary file listed in the extension webpage is: dict-en-nz-2008-12-03.oxt - a different date.
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The installer of the LibreOffice contains all of available language tools for all of the supported languages. You can choose the language tools (what you want to install), when you install The LibreOffice (by custom installation).
Try it.

The installer of the Apache OpenOffice not contain all of the language tools: you must download and install them one-by-one.

(but you must install the other language HELP-s for the LibreOffice one-by-one...)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Doddy

Post by Doddy »

Are you stating that the only way I can install the OpenOffice New Zealand dictionary (which is listed in the OpenOffice Extensions)is to first install the very large application LibreOffice?
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

There is a NZ dictionary at
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/exte ... saurus/1.0

This should work in OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Doddy

Post by Doddy »

I have no problem finding the New Zealand dictionary in OpenOffice. Installing it is the problem. When attempting to install i get the above error message!
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Try the extension for LibreOffice; if it doesn't install, you are no worse off. Simply double click the oxt file.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I have just downloaded the OO NZ dictionary, double clicked the .oxt file, and it installed and was available.
Doddy

Post by Doddy »

MY copy of OpenOffice must be different because when I click on the dictionary file I get the above error message.
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

That particular error message appears when a configuration file for the NZ dictionary is in the user profile but the dictionary itself has been removed. Follow the instructions in [Solved] Spell Check Not Working (words red underlined) to clean up the user profile, then install the NZ dictionary if necessary.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Doddy

Post by Doddy »

Followed instruction over user profile and problem SOLVED
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10