[Solved] Printer Prints only blank pages in OpenOffice 4.1.4

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Printer Prints only blank pages in OpenOffice 4.1.4

Post by UnklDonald418 »

If Windows 10S is the issue there is a way out.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... s-mode-faq
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
MrBill123

Re: Printer Prints only blank pages in OpenOffice 4.1.4

Post by MrBill123 »

First I need to recognize (also) Merl for his incredible help and patience too and add that it would have been the *easiest thing to not type anything again, because of the problem, being solved. It was the printer cartridge. OUCH! I would include an even bigger apology now BUT....the ink level on the computer showed a SOLID one third left on the cartridge AND I did NOT receive an error message saying to refill???????????? I'm not stupid or I wouldn't have wrote this, but am I am kinda stupi-fied as to how this problem could have occurred..?? Either the printer/cartridge/interface/computer/communication? Whatever just failed or it could it have been the cartridge itself... either way I will know next time. I feel terrible for 1.my behavior, 2. the aggravation I most likely caused and the time - and - the - 61 posts...? I am sorry but like I said, if it wasn't true and there wasn't a legitimate malfunction with the printer/cartiridge/interface connection, I wouldn't have typed this. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. I am humbled by the help....
OpenOffice 4.1.4
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Printer Prints only blank pages in OpenOffice 4

Post by Zizi64 »

because of the problem, being solved. It was the printer cartridge. OUCH!
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :knock: :knock: :knock: :knock: :knock:
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
MrBill123

Post by MrBill123 »

:) Very Well Put Zizi... thanks soooo much!
OpenOffice 4.1.4
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

What I cannot understand in this thread is that MrBill123 has repeatedly said that other programs print OK - in one post he said three other programs printed OK, in another that all other programs printed OK - and only AOO does not print.

MrBill123 now says that the problem was the cartridge so I am finding it difficult to see how those other programs could have printed OK.

The only way in which I can reconcile MrBill123's apparently conflicting statements is for AOO to print black text using the black cartridge, whereas the other programs must either not have been printing black, so printed OK as the other cartridges were OK; or printed black by an overlay of all three colours, not using the black cartridge. Hence AOO "does not print" but the other programs "print OK".

It suggests therefore that we should in future ask posters who say other programs print OK:

1 Does black print with those other programs?
2. Do all three colours print with those other programs?
3. Does black print with AOO?
4. Do all three colours print with AOO?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MrBill123

Post by MrBill123 »

I printed color and didn't realize the black missing. Interests me how John repeatedly repeats his attitude, he was the only one who had one. Try to take notice of that John.
OpenOffice 4.1.4
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

In my experience, some printer drivers are better than others about notifying the user when the printer is running low on ink. I too have run out of black ink on my HP inkjet printer and the only notification I received was missing lines from the document I was printing.
Previously, I had a Canon printer that began displaying popup messages when the ink level dropped below 1/3.

All of us were experiencing a good deal of frustration when none the the usual solutions seemed to be working. John_Ha is pointing out that had we volunteers asked a few more questions about what you were actually able to print, your issue could have been resolved in far fewer than the 60+ messages on this thread.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
MrBill123

Post by MrBill123 »

UnklDonald was not only professional throughou, he is humble and magnanimous. I have to be up front and then be done here ... At first, I didn't understand the help here and therefore I didn't deserve the *any. I **wasn't easy to "deal with", but I just hope it wound up being a help to others. ...Hey "big guy", please send blessings to Rory, Zizi, Merl and you, Uncle D!! :) c ya..
OpenOffice 4.1.4
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

MrBill123 wrote:I printed color and didn't realize the black missing. Interests me how John repeatedly repeats his attitude, he was the only one who had one. Try to take notice of that John.
You repeatedly told us that the printer worked on all other programs and only failed on AOO so all my posts were based on this falsehood. It is this problem I was addressing.

If you had reported correctly your problem would have easily been solved.

My last post is a suggestion for how responders can handle those posters who are unable to report correctly.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MrBill123

Post by MrBill123 »

Yes. So what was this post for? Me? :) it's your huge and fragile ego and you're repetitive attitude pal. You're helping people? Zizi, Rory and Merl were amazing and I admitted fault and apologized. This help, is now for you...but you won't, can't and dont need it. Do you? You can't read this either. Know why? It was for you but like I said, I apologized and you're genius underwhelmed me. Look in the mirror and if that dont work dissect your own words, yours stood alone and extremely arrogant and all knowing. This isn't and probably will never be accepted but oh well. Alls well that ends well for me and for those who were amazing. Lose the attitude or would you prefer to continue or ban me? Lol Somebody will. All the same to me. You can go back to being all controlling now. May God bless you, if he does then maybe you'll find out how to speak to people one day.
OpenOffice 4.1.4