[Solved] Changing the opening Page to stay in Web Layout

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
claudiathompson

[Solved] Changing the opening Page to stay in Web Layout

Post by claudiathompson »

Hi :)

I was just wondering if there is a way to get the opening page when you first get a new page in Web Layout to be as your default layout so that it opens that way every time? I always use that layout and it is kind of annoying having to reset it every time I use Open Office. My Microsoft Word isn't working any longer on my new computer for some reason, maybe because it's a 64 bit computer? So looks like I am going to have to stafrt using Open Office. My Word Program automatically opens to web layout for me.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri May 11, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice3.2.1
Windows XP
robleyd

Re: Changing the opening Page to stay in Web Layout

Post by robleyd »

Do you mean for an existing file to re-open in Web view, or do you want new documents to open to Web view by default.

You seem to have asked a very similar question here back in 2015 - perhaps the same solution will work for you now?

I note your information in your signature seems out of date. How to update your signature
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
claudiathompson

Thanks so much! I had downloaded a new Open Office on my new computer and had to do this all over again, so I looked back at the topic I did long time ago and got both things working for me. I was about to ask the same second question about updating extensions too :)
OpenOffice3.2.1
Windows XP
claudiathompson

I was just reading someone else's topic which was the same as mine about default web page layout. Toi me it looks like they need to add what was said to me about it, because on that answer it was so complicated. But the reply given to me about it is very simple and easy to do
OpenOffice3.2.1
Windows XP
claudiathompson

Nevermind, I hope it is okay, I went ahead and posted the instructions given me myself on that other topic. That way when some other poor soul goes searching on how to do it, it will be easy for them lol!

Edited to remove All Caps [robleyd, Moderator].
OpenOffice3.2.1
Windows XP
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

As you may have noticed, not everyone is diligent and searches their problem before asking :D
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
claudiathompson

I searched it but apparently not well enough, because if I had of, I would have found my own topic and the answer to it on it LOL! :knock:

This time though, I copied and pasted it onto a computer NotePad File so I will have it for itf I ever need it in the future.

Good bye Mr. Penquin and thank you for your help.
OpenOffice3.2.1
Windows XP