Ver 4.1.5 fails to install

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
ediths

Ver 4.1.5 fails to install

Post by ediths »

I had openoffice 4.1.3. I downloaded 4.1.5 but it will not install. I get a message above the installation window saying Open office Installation wizard and below that it says, "Please exit open office 4.1.5 and the openoffice Quickstart before you continue." OK I click OK and exit everything. Then it says The Installation was interrupted before openoffice 4.1.5 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. Run setup again.
If I run it again it does the same thing. I tried the fix listed in the forum for Windows and I guess it uninstalled 4.1.3. Please help as I can't get into any of my documents.
openoffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Ver 4.1.5 fails to install

Post by robleyd »

Your issue sounds the same as described in this post. Please try the solution in the next post in that topic, viz.
RoryOF wrote:Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill all soffice or openoffice processes shown on TM';s tabs. Exit TM, then try an install without rebooting computer.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
monroe

Re: Ver 4.1.5 fails to install

Post by monroe »

robleyd wrote:Your issue sounds the same as described in this post. Please try the solution in the next post in that topic, viz.
After I tried following those instructions and OO 4.1.5 still aborted, I decided to do the obvious: I disconnected from the network and temporarily disabled the anti-virus software. No more problems.
Windows 10 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5