[Solved] OpenOffice Frozen Window

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
MissolaShine

[Solved] OpenOffice Frozen Window

Post by MissolaShine »

PROBLEM FIXED! But I don't know how to delete this post or mark as solved

I've been using open office for years and years now. I love it!
Just a few days ago though when I go to use it the window is frozen in place. I can still use it but I can not minimize or more the window. Occasionally if I open a tool and it appears in its own little window, that window will do the same thing, frozen in place with out a way to move it, (ex: "color replacer" window was in the top left corner covering "file" "edit" etc and was stuck there.)

Another glitch that goes hand in hand with this one is when ever I go to exit out it exit out of my project but then open office stays frozen on screen. I have to right click on the toolbar icon and "close window" for it to fully close now.

I uninstalled O.O. and reinstalled it but it is still running the same way.

I'll attach a picture to this post, this way you can see how on the top right it only shows an X.

I would appreciate any help given, I'm panicking a little because I use this program for sooo many different things. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by robleyd on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
Ola, windows 10, Open Office 4.1.5
RoryOF

Re: OpenOffice Frozen Window

Post by RoryOF »

Start by renaming your OO user profile

To rename your User Profile close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder (user.old is good to use). Start OpenOffice.

Note that reinstalling OO does _NOT_ generate a new User Profile; you must do what I have set out above.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MissolaShine

Re: OpenOffice Frozen Window

Post by MissolaShine »

Thank you! Problem is fixed now yay!!
Ola, windows 10, Open Office 4.1.5
robleyd

Re: [Solved] OpenOffice Frozen Window

Post by robleyd »

How to tag a topic as solved.

In your first post, click the Edit button. Go to the subject line and add [Solved] at the beginning of the subject.

Then select the green tick as the Post icon (just below the subject line). Preview if you wish to see how it looks.
Finally, hit Submit - done!

I've done it for you :super:
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers