[Solved] Downloading OpenOffice 4.1.5 ?

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
PPI

[Solved] Downloading OpenOffice 4.1.5 ?

Post by PPI »

Hello, I presently have version 4.1.4. My OS system is Windows 10. I have material stored on this version in text doc. I want to upgrade to the latest 4.1.5. Will the material on the old version automatically be moved onto the latest one? Anything I need to know before downloading the latest version in regards to the previous version on my computer? Thanks for any help. Cheers, Paul
Last edited by PPI on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Downloading OpenOffice 4.1.5 ?

Post by Zizi64 »

I have material stored on this version in text doc.
Are you using the native ODF file types?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

For such a minor upgrade I doubt there would be any issue at all, even if you saved in .doc (which is not recommended of course).
Note that if you're not satisfied, you can still remove the version 4.1.5 and revert to the previous version that is still available. Your documents will not be changed as long as you don't overwrite them with the new version.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
PPI

Post by PPI »

Zizi64 wrote:
I have material stored on this version in text doc.
Are you using the native ODF file types?
I'm writing on OpenDocument Text (.odt) and saving it in that file.
PPI

Post by PPI »

Hagar Delest[b] wrote:For such a minor upgrade I doubt there would be any issue at all, even if you saved in .doc (which is not recommended of course).
[/b]Note that if you're not satisfied, you can still remove the version 4.1.5 and revert to the previous version that is still available. Your documents will not be changed as long as you don't overwrite them with the new version.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
Thanks for the reply. What is recommended for saving a text (.ODt) file?
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yes. Native format for AOO is ODF, that is .odt for text, .ods for spreadsheets...

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10