[Solved] Can only copy-paste from within OO

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
DynV

[Solved] Can only copy-paste from within OO

Post by DynV »

I can only copy-paste from within Open Office (OO) ; copying from outside will not be considered, only the last thing copied in OO can be pasted in OO. I don't know what happened but I had this for a few days. After I rebooted, it was back to normal at first but then it reverted to only pasted the last OO copied content.

In case it wasn't clear, I'd like that the last thing copied, no matter its origin be pasted in OO; I'm mainly interested in Calc but I'd like other OO programs as well.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Je suis francophone.
RoryOF

Re: Can only copy-paste from within OO

Post by RoryOF »

It is normal that only the last thing copied (from wherever) should be the item pasted. OpenOffice is very sensitive to utilities which touch the clipboard (Skype is notorious for this) If you are running such a utility (be it skype or something else) try disabling it and see if that improves the situation. It can also help (until you find a solution for this problem) to Copy from your external application, Paste into (say) Notepad, then recopy from Notepad and Paste into OpenOffice. Often a Paste from Notepad will work, whereas from more complex applications may fail.

There may be Windows specific solutions I do not know - I am not an indepth Windows user.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
DynV

Post by DynV »

That got me thinking of what was recently installed and I realized it was auto-loading (loading on windows startup) so I changed the setting to not do so and it got to the regular behavior. Hopefully this was the only cause of the problem and the solution I used definitively got rid of it.
Je suis francophone.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

For the benefit of others who may have the same issue, what was the problem application?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
DynV

Post by DynV »

robleyd wrote:what was the problem application?
Free YouTube Downloader
Je suis francophone.