[Solved] Recent file list

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
allenC

[Solved] Recent file list

Post by allenC »

I'm just wondering if I can change the number of files that come up in my recent file list to more than the default of 10. If so, how ?

If not, is there a way to search for a file using a date range ? If so, how.

Thanks
Last edited by allenC on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.3
MacOS 10.10.5
FJCC

Re: recent file list

Post by FJCC »

There is an extension to do that. A link to it is in this thread.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

allenC wrote:If not, is there a way to search for a file using a date range ? If so, how.
On Windows ...

1 Click Start
2 Type *.odt in the Search box which opens
3 Click See more results to open the window.
4 Click the header of the Date modified column.

Every .odt file is now listed in date order. You can save searches like *.odt (all AOO documents), *.ods (all AOO spreadsheets), or *.o?? (all AOO files) etc. Check Windows Help for more information.

There should be something similar on MacOS - try googling search file date range mac
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
allenC wrote:… is there a way to search for a file using a date range?
Of course Macs have a method to locate files meeting verious criteria. Learn how:
Finder → Help → Search → search → Topic → Find anything on your Mac

That you are asking such a very basic question about Mac usage suggests to me that you should go to your local library and borrow one of the many "Intro to Mac"-type books. Even one several years old will do since the basics of using Mac OS X haven't changed much in ten years. Some time reviewing the material there will save you hours of frustration and may help you prevent accidental data loss.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Mac FAQ
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).