[Solved] Personal Data: How to Change It

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Lode

[Solved] Personal Data: How to Change It

Post by Lode »

During installation when I was filling in my name and title something went wrong: after I was done but before hitting "Next" (or "Finish", don't remember) I wanted to change that personal data, and while doing it must have pressed a wrong key combination, or by mistake hit "Finish", and the software was installed. So I don't know under what name, as I was in the middle of changing it when suddenly the "Successfully Installed" panel appeared.

Is there a way to change the personal data? I have already begun working on a document, and I would like a different name to be associated with it.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
LibreOffice 6.0.2.1 (x64)
Windows 8.1 (With StarisBack)
RoryOF

Re: Personal Data: How to Change It

Post by RoryOF »

In OpenOffice use /Tools /Options /OpenOffice ?User data to change your User data.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Same in LibreOffice:

Tools - Options - LibreOffice - User Data
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Lode

Post by Lode »

Thank you very much, very helpful. 8-)
:D
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You may need to use /File /Properties : Description to enter a document title (this not the file name), and /File /Properties : General, checking "apply User data" and pressing the reset button beside that to get the altered name to take (I haven't checked).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Lode

Post by Lode »

Thank you for that also. :)
Lode

Post by Lode »

PS:
I had also downloaded-installed LibreOffice last night to compare with OpenOffice. And also checked out their forum. But although that other forum is probably also helpful -I did see answers to questions there- somehow this forum looks more open and inviting. And I got friendly effective help right away here. Including for how the issue of this topic is also solved on LibreOffice. For this reason I'll be utilizing OpenOffice, for a forum to me is the fastest way to get issues solved.

There are also many video tutorials I saw on YouTube, and I guess what works in LibreOffice also works in OpenOffice in very similar way. So I can learn from both.

As for frequent software updates... not that I think LibreOffice updates are bad, but I like OpenOffice just fine as it is now. ;)
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Lode wrote:somehow this forum looks more open and inviting. And I got friendly effective help right away here. Including for how the issue of this topic is also solved on LibreOffice. For this reason I'll be utilizing OpenOffice, for a forum to me is the fastest way to get issues solved.
Thanks for the kind words.
Even if not all of us support LibreOffice, we keep open minds and support every user.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Lode

Re: [Solved] Personal Data: How to Change It

Post by Lode »

Thank you for making me feel so welcome here. :super: