How to fax using OpenOffice

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
gverhage

How to fax using OpenOffice

Post by gverhage »

Microsoft office has a feature that I really need. it is to be able to take a document and fax it. I am not sure if you can use VoIP (FoIP) to do the faxing. Does OpenOffice allow this type of feature? :?:
OpenOffice 4 on windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: how to fax using OpenOffice

Post by Zizi64 »

1. tip:
I heard about FAX sevices of the Voip providers. Some of them work like the pure E-mail. (You must put the target FAX number into the Subject line of the mail when you want to send a FAX. The Recipient of the E-mail must be the FAX server of the provider...)
And the AOO/LO can send the document (of the PDF export of the document) an E-mail via a real E-mail clients, like the Thunderbird.

2. tip.:
Some of the multifunctional printers have FAX feature. Maybe (we have such printers, but I never tried this function) the FAX function of the printer/printer driver can work with the AOO/LO...

But - in my opinion - the FAX is an osolete method of the information flow. We use it very rare...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: How to fax using OpenOffice

Post by John_Ha »

It's a Windows feature, not an AOO thing.

1. Go File > Print ..., and select Fax.

2. If that isn't there, just create a PDF file. Now fax it with whatever fax software you have.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Joseph S

Re: How to fax using OpenOffice

Post by Joseph S »

I"m a new user here. I would like to set up a free fax service in my new office. If it is using OpenOffice or something like that I wouldn't mind. Please help me if possible. Thank you!
Joseph
openoffice 2.2.3 on windows 10