[Solved] Open/Save Dialog

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
johnoo

[Solved] Open/Save Dialog

Post by johnoo »

If I go to Tools/Options/General, there is a box which states "Open/Save Dialog" I have not checked this, what does it do & would I gain an advantage by checking it?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Best Regards
Johnoo

Windows 10 AOO 4.1.11
RoryOF

Re: Open/Save Dialog

Post by RoryOF »

Try it and see if you prefer the new dialog, which uses OpenOffice, not Windows, dialogs. You can always change it back.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
johnoo

Post by johnoo »

RoryOF wrote:Try it and see if you prefer the new dialog, which uses OpenOffice, not Windows, dialogs. You can always change it back.
Thanks, but what do AOO/you mean by "Dialogs"? What should I be looking for with any change I input?
Best Regards
Johnoo

Windows 10 AOO 4.1.11
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You will get a different set of File Open/Save dialogs than the standard Window dialogs to which you are probably used; these may or may not be to your taste - try them and see.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

johnoo wrote:...what do AOO/you mean by "Dialogs"?
A "dialog" or "dialog box" is just a window used to display information and/or get user input. Windows has a set of "common dialog boxes" that include Open and Save As. AOO also has a set of AOO dialog boxes. If the option to use OpenOffice dialogs is unchecked, then the common dialogs will be displayed. If the option is checked, then the AOO dialogs will be displayed. Which one you use is a matter of personal preference.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
johnoo

Post by johnoo »

Bill wrote:
johnoo wrote:...what do AOO/you mean by "Dialogs"?
A "dialog" or "dialog box" is just a window used to display information and/or get user input. Windows has a set of "common dialog boxes" that include Open and Save As. AOO also has a set of AOO dialog boxes. If the option to use OpenOffice dialogs is unchecked, then the common dialogs will be displayed. If the option is checked, then the AOO dialogs will be displayed. Which one you use is a matter of personal preference.
Thanks for the explanation, but I think I will stay with what I know & Love
Best Regards
Johnoo

Windows 10 AOO 4.1.11