Lost data

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Tivoli

Lost data

Post by Tivoli »

Hi, I just went to open my accounting spreadsheet, one I use several times a day. It opened fine this morning but this evening it would appear that a new version of Open Office has installed itself and my 15-sheet accounting spreadsheet has transformed itself into a single sheet with no data. This is every single financial transaction since 1st January and is pretty important. I am terrified to try opening any of my other myriad spreadies in case the same happens. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice.
And Happy Xmas :-)
Tivoli
Apache Open Office 4 on Windows 7 Professional
FJCC

Re: Lost data

Post by FJCC »

Take a look at this post and the tutorial it points to. Do this right away.

OpenOffice does not do automatic updates, so that didn't cause the problem. However, something did corrupt your file. Did anything strange happen when you closed the file previously?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Tivoli

Re: Lost data

Post by Tivoli »

Thanks! I'll look at that straight away :-) Happily it saved several hours ago and not since, so I have backed up the last save before continuing. I'll let you know how it goes!
Apache Open Office 4 on Windows 7 Professional