Quits unexpectedly

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
AlexisCaelli

Quits unexpectedly

Post by AlexisCaelli »

I recently updated my mac software and now my open office version 4.1.4 quits unexpectedly without opening. I have redownloaded and tried to reinstall. I need help -- I need my documents!
Open office 3.1 on MacOS 10.4
robleyd

Re: Quits unexpectedly

Post by robleyd »

Can you update your signature to show your current OS and AOO version please? Sometimes the answer to a problem will vary depending on one or the other.

How to update your signature

Does this happen if you log on to the guest account? If not, you may try resetting the user profile - please see Q02/A02 in [Tutorial] Mac FAQ
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
gordon.graham

Post by gordon.graham »

Having the same problem on Windows 10 Home. Version 4.1.4 downloads fine then unexpectedly stops on installation.
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 10 Home
Scoles

Post by Scoles »

I'm having the same problem as Gordon, only my Windows 10 is Professional edition. Any workarounds or solutions to this problem?
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

gordon.graham wrote:Having the same problem on Windows 10 Home. Version 4.1.4 downloads fine then unexpectedly stops on installation.
Scoles wrote:I'm having the same problem as Gordon, only my Windows 10 is Professional edition. Any workarounds or solutions to this problem?
gordon.graham and Scoles

Yours is NOT the same problem - yours is an installation failure on Windows 10 - the original poster installed successfully and is having a running failure on MacOS.

See Survival Guide for the forum. Please each of you start your own, new threads.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.