[SOLVED] Installed or not installed?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
A.S.

[SOLVED] Installed or not installed?

Post by A.S. »

I seem to have installed Open Office several times but the Open Office never appeared either on the desktop or in All Programs. It is, however, in Add/Remove programs and I do get the Finish screen with the message that the installation was successful. Also, the program is listed with the other programs in Program (x86) which I understand to be the folder for 32-bit programs.

I've been wanting to use this older version of Open Office 4.1.2 because the German grammar checker works with this.
Last edited by A.S. on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.7 - Win 10 pro x64
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Installed or not installed?

Post by floris v »

Maybe you disabled adding a shortcut on the Desktop, or maybe you downloaded from the wrong site. Did you download from the official site www.openoffice.org, which links to https://sourceforge.net/projects/openof ... e/download ? Make sure you don't click on any links on that page. The download will start automatically (in Chrome) or after a message box appears (in Firefox).
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Installed or not installed?

Post by John_Ha »

Right click on C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\program\soffice.exe and create a shortcut which will be placed on the desktop. Right-click swriter.exe if you want the shortcut to start Writer instead of the AOO suite.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.