dawuddustin

OpenOffice for mobile

Post by dawuddustin »

Is there an app for open office for a mobile? I use a Samsung S6
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 8
RoryOF

Re: OpenOffice for mobile

Post by RoryOF »

AndrOffice is an unofficial port of OpenOffice for Android devices. Whether it will be usable on a mobile phone I cannot say - I cannot use it with any comfort on an 8" tablet.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Lesley_Vos

Post by Lesley_Vos »

Oh my... IMHO, it's so uncomfortable to use tools like Open Office on mobile devices. Can't imagine how anyone writes texts or manages sheets on those small mobile screens. As a writer, I find it a nightmare to create content via mobile versions of Calc, Word, or Draw. laptops and tablets - yes, but mobiles... :crazy:
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 8
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Lesley_Vos wrote:Oh my... IMHO, it's so uncomfortable to use tools like Open Office on mobile devices ...
Gosh! You are complimentary! I would delete "so uncomfortable" and replace it with "virtually impossible" ... :crazy:
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
dawuddustin

Post by dawuddustin »

RoryOF wrote:AndrOffice is an unofficial port of OpenOffice for Android devices. Whether it will be usable on a mobile phone I cannot say - I cannot use it with any comfort on an 8" tablet.
Do you think I can download it from play store?
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

dawuddustin wrote:
RoryOF wrote:AndrOffice is an unofficial port of OpenOffice for Android devices. ...
Do you think I can download it from play store?
Seeing that you use a Samsung phone with decent spec, I'd guess that you can. Only one way to find out for certain, and you are the only one with the power to do just that. How about just giving it a try?
esperantisto
Volunteer

Post by esperantisto »

AndrOpen Office is available via Google Play. Of course, working on a small touchscreen is close to a nightmare, but it is at least possible in an emergency situation. And AndrOpen Office is handy when you have to view an office document
AOO 4.2.0 (of 2015) / LO 7.x / Win 7 / openSUSE Linux Leap 15.4 (64-bit)
dawuddustin

Post by dawuddustin »

Thank you for the details. And I see a lot of people saying its difficult to use open office on mobile but I need it to view and edit documents. which is why I'm looking for an open office app
kerrylowes

Post by kerrylowes »

Hi folks, here I got some apps for Android and iOS users to use OpenOffice on moblie. You can use complete features of the OpenOffice such as view, edit, insert and export office documents etc.
Android users can downalod following apps from Play store
1.Google Drive
2.AndrOpen Office
iOS users can download folowwing apps from iTunes
1. Office 700
2. OOReader

Hope it will help :super:
OpenOffice 4.1.0 on Windows XP