Key combo I want not listed in shortcut key list

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Tsunoba

Key combo I want not listed in shortcut key list

Post by Tsunoba »

I want to set up a new keyboard shortcut. I know how to do this, and have done it several times. However, I'd like to assign a shortcut to CTRL+[ and CTRL+], and neither of these seem to be listed in the shortcut list.

I know I could use a different set of keys, but I would prefer to use these because I use the same keys to do the same functions in other programs.

Is there any way to create a custom combination of shortcut keys?
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 10
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Re: Key combo I want not listed in shortcut key list

Post by erbsenzahl »

In Writer the shortcut key CTRL+ is assigned to Calculate (German version). Can't you change that for your purposes?
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The [ and the ] character located on different place on the different locale keyboards.

The [ character available by pressing the AltGr+F combination, and the ] is available by pressing AltGr+G on my Hungarian keyboard. Maybe this fact related to that the special characters are not listed as Hotkey.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The Ctrl+[ and the Ctrl+] are not listed in my AOO 4.1.3 version (I checked it in Writer and Calc), but they are listed in my Libreoffice 5.3.6 version. Unfortunatelly I can not use them with my Hungarian keyboard...
Hotkeys.png
But you can customize the Context menus of the LibreOffice:
Customize context menu2.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.