Having to register every time I start up OpenOffice

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
klyph44

Having to register every time I start up OpenOffice

Post by klyph44 »

I have just had to reload Open Office, but now, every time I start my computer up and select Open Office, It comes up on the registration page and I have to go through registration over and over Again. Does anyone know why this is?

Also, If I had files open when I closed down my system, When I restarted, I was always able to restore them, now I lose everything, even though I have autosave set. Again, does anyone know why this is?
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Having to register every time I start up Open office.

Post by Bill »

In "reload Open Office", what does "reload" mean and why did you have to "reload Open Office"?

Registration information and AutoSave information are stored in the OpenOffice user profile. It sounds like either something is blocking access to the user profile or you closing the system while files are still open is corrupting the user profile. You should never close a system without saving and closing files first.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Re: Having to register every time I start up Open office.

Post by RoryOF »

It may be that the folder in which the OO user profile is stored is read-only. Find the OO User profile by pasting %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes Windows Explorer) Address Bar and press Enter. Check that you have read/write permissions for the folder disclosed (and folders below it). If not, you need to grant your user such rights
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS