Files locked by unknown user

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?

Re: Files locked by unknown user

Postby Bill » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:15 pm

@maharg: You need to be asking questions about Windows 10 on a Windows 10 forum. I've never changed the email address for my Windows 10 account and would have to research how to do it. As a guess I'd say that the "Add" button would allow you to add a new account, not edit your existing account.
AOO 4.1.4 on 64-bit Windows 10 and Manjaro Linux
Bill
Volunteer

Postby maharg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Bill wrote:@maharg: You need to be asking questions about Windows 10 on a Windows 10 forum. I've never changed the email address for my Windows 10 account and would have to research how to do it. As a guess I'd say that the "Add" button would allow you to add a new account, not edit your existing account.

Hi Bill, I'm rather confused now. Is the AOO Security tab info, ie my old address, controlled by Windows?
What would happen if I closed my current AOO account and registered a new one?
Open Office 4.1.4 on Windows 10
maharg

Postby Bill » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:22 am

Every file on your computer has a Security tab controlled by Windows. There are no accounts for the AOO program.
AOO 4.1.4 on 64-bit Windows 10 and Manjaro Linux
Bill
Volunteer

Postby maharg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi Bill,
Yesterday I received a major Update from Windows/Microsoft. Today when I went into AOO expecting the usual locked problems there weren't any. All the files opened properly with nothing marked 'file in use' 'Read only'. Maybe there was a glitch the update sorted.
Anyway I'm a very happy man now.
Thanks for all your advice.
Graham
Open Office 4.1.4 on Windows 10
maharg

Postby martinbean » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:18 pm

I also had the Windows major update, but nothing has changed with my OO "locked by unknown user" problem. I am just living with it, it appeared without my doing anything, maybe it will disappear one day in the same way ! It must be personal to my PC otherwise a lot more Windows 10/OO users would be reporting the problem.
Open Office 4.1.3 Windows 10
martinbean

Previous

Return to Install, Setup and Troubleshooting