[Solved] Calc lags for 5 seconds after "copy".

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
thelostraver1

[Solved] Calc lags for 5 seconds after "copy".

Post by thelostraver1 »

Hello.

I've been using Open Office for the longest time and (mainly calc) and copying data from my spreadsheet. Lately, for whatever reason, Calc hangs for 4-5 seconds after I select some text and "copy". When I am copying lots of fields, it won't register to the clipboard for these 4-5 seconds and has become a burden.

It's been doing this for a few weeks. However a few days or so ago it stopped. I haven't done anything different with my computer. But then it returned a day or so later.

Any ideas? I tried copying some text in writer, and writer does not hang. Only calc.

Windows 10 laptop, i7-4500u 8GB ram, SSD

Thank you
Last edited by thelostraver1 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.3 + Win 10
RusselB

Re: Calc lags for 5 seconds after "copy".

Post by RusselB »

The information you are copying, is it text, formatted numbers, plain numbers, formatted formula results, and/or plain formula results?
Additionally how many cells are you copying at one time when you notice the hang?
What other programs do you have running at the same time?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
thelostraver1

Post by thelostraver1 »

Thanks for the fast reply. It's just text in 1 cell, sometimes and email address, sometimes a password. I have chrome, skype, and recently I have a program called "multiloginapp". It's kinda strange you mention because what multiloginapp does is it's a control panel to have many different browser profiles. I had the program open but no browsers (firefox) and it strangely wasn't lagging. I thought that was it, I closed it completely and it's still lagging. I am going to try a reboot and not load that program and see if it does it.
thelostraver1

Post by thelostraver1 »

Ok so I did a fresh reboot, didn't open any browsers or anything (BTW this only happens in Calc). I loaded up a blank calc, typed in random jibberish, used "control C" and it hangs 5 seconds every time. Weird. It also hangs when I go to "Edit" and "copy".

HHmmm maybe on to something. I disabled malwarebytes and another startup program I don't use and now it doesn't do it. It's getting late, I'll try and narrow it down tomorrow and post back with the result.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Are you running a clipboard manager - they often interfere with AOO copy and paste.

Start the PC in SAFE MODE (google it or check help) as this stops all such programs starting. Does it now do it?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
thelostraver1

Post by thelostraver1 »

Yes I am running a clipboard manager "Ditto". I found the problem. I have a program that I do not use called "Bluestacks". It's used for emulating an Android tablet. It automatically loads at bootup. I disabled it, and the problem is fixed.