Trouble Installing

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
KENNEY69

Trouble Installing

Post by KENNEY69 »

Every time I try installing it says another installation already running and to wait...but I've looked under Task manager and I have nothing else installing. I've installed on another computer with no issues...so it may be something with the computer itself. Of course I've tried restarting with the same issues. Any advice? I'm using a downloaded file and not a cd. Thanks.
MATTHEW KENNEY
WINDOWS 10
OPEN OFFICE 4.3.1
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Trouble Installing

Post by jrkrideau »

I'm not a Windows user but you might turn off any virus protection or malware protection and give it a try.

Also have a look at the tutorial on how to reset your profile and check to see if there is a profile in existance (I am assuming this is a brand-new installation and that theoretically there should not be a profile in existence). If there is profile there, rename or delete it.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
KENNEY69

Post by KENNEY69 »

I did try that too. No luck. This is a brand new installation.
MATTHEW KENNEY
WINDOWS 10
OPEN OFFICE 4.3.1
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

That's a Windows 10 problem. Google the error message to find suggestions. If that fails, then ask on a Windows 10 forum.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Power OFF. Power ON. Try again.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.