Lock down security options

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
cagit

Lock down security options

Post by cagit »

hi
i want to lock down the availibility for users, to change the macro-security settings in the Menue Tools - Security...best thing would be to make any setting-file to read only..is there any possiblity ?
in Microsoft office you could do that with GPO...

Thxs

Sascha
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Lock down security options

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

See Chapter 14 - Customizing OpenOffice.org in the Getting started guide, and other chapters in the Writer Manual.

See the Administration Guide at The Apache OpenOffice Documentation Project which has a chapter on Restricting Functionality in OpenOffice.org

If this solves the problem, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
cagit

Post by cagit »

hi john
very, very useful information. thanks for that.
do you know, is that also working with Open-Office Portable ? because the recommended directory, where the command.xsu should be, doesnt exist !. i created the directory structure manually and put the command file there, but it isnt working.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

cagit wrote:is that [the same for] Open-Office Portable ? because the recommended directory, where the command.xsu should be, doesnt exist !. i created the directory structure manually and put the command file there, but it isnt working.
I don't know. AOO Portable probably has a different installation structure. You will need to do some investigation to find if it has the same profile files and, if it does, where they are kept.

See Apache OpenOffice Portable which includes:
Copying Your Local Apache OpenOffice Settings to Apache OpenOffice Portable

If you're using a local copy of Apache OpenOffice, you may wish to just copy your local settings right into Apache OpenOffice Portable. Your local Apache OpenOffice settings are usually installed in C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Apache OpenOffice2\ Just copy everything in that directory to the OpenOfficePortable\Data\settings\ directory and you're all set.
suggesting you want OpenOfficePortable\Data\settings\.

AOO Portable seems not to have been updated since 2008.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
cagit

Post by cagit »

okay, thanks for answer. that sounds good.

but, i dont have so an old Portable-Version, mine is also 4.1.3 and from 2016 (AOO413m1(Build:9783) - Rev. 1761381)

Thanks