Getting rid of columns in the text

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
hoodlumofmercy

Getting rid of columns in the text

Post by hoodlumofmercy »

I'm putting together a text document of study material for work. I copied it from a PDF onto OOWriter to edit it. Sometimes it copies onto the full page fine. Other times the page is divided into columns within the page. How can I format the page to get rid of the columns?
Attachments
An example of how the page is divided the columns are functioning as two separate pages.
An example of how the page is divided the columns are functioning as two separate pages.
Open Office 4.1.2
Windows 7, XP
RusselB

Re: Getting rid of columns in the text

Post by RusselB »

My suggestion is to not bother trying to "fix" your copied text, but to start over with a new document.
I'm going to guess that you highlighted the text in the PDF, pressed Ctrl+C (to copy), then Ctrl+V (to paste).... If so, change the last step to Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste special) and select Unformatted Text from the options that you will be given.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.