Dictionary update

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
RusselB

Dictionary update

Post by RusselB »

I received an update notice for the English dictionary for OpenOffice.
Normally this hasn't been an issue, but this time when I went to install the update, it went to my installation of LibreOffice, not OpenOffice.
While the update is valid for both products, I can't find a way to make the update install to my OpenOffice, thus I keep seeing the update notification.
Anyone know how I can force the update to my installation of OpenOffice?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Re: Dictionary update

Post by robleyd »

Try this; go to the extension page, download and install through the extension manager

Just fyi unless you are using en-GB there is nothing new in the update since 22 Jan.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Thanks for your response, unfortunately that is the same method that runs automatically.
I suspect that it's due to the fact that the .oxt extension is being recognized for LibreOffice rather than OpenOffice, so I'm guessing that my installation of LibreOffice was done after my installation of OpenOffice.
As to your FYI, I appreciate the information and it makes the update, realistically, irrelevant.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Can you not do a right click and Open With... after downloading??
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
esperantisto
Volunteer

Post by esperantisto »

…or simply drag-n-drop the file into the AOO window?
AOO 4.2.0 (of 2015) / LO 7.x / Win 7 / openSUSE Linux Leap 15.4 (64-bit)
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Change the default program for opening .oxt files from LibreOffice to OpenOffice. If that doesn't work, then repair your installation of OpenOffice.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04