[Solved] Add mathematical fonts in Writer

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
bartwuytens

[Solved] Add mathematical fonts in Writer

Post by bartwuytens »

Hello, I use oo 4.1.3 in windows10 on a new computer. I had the same oo4.1.3 under windows 10 on my old computer. On this old computer I disposed of the mathematical fonts 'mathematica1', 'mathematica2',... These fonts are not available in my current open office writer. Can someone explain me how I can add these fonts to my openoffice writer?
If that's not possible I would like to know if someone can advise me another mathematical font and explain me how to install it.
Thank you.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
openoffice 4.1.3 windows10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: add mathematical fonts in writer

Post by Zizi64 »

'mathematica1', 'mathematica2',... These fonts are not available in my current open office writer.
Are those fonts installed properly? (Can you use them in an another software?)
Are those fonts True Type fonts or other type?
Are those fonts as newly installed fonts? Try to restart your Openoffice (or the PC) after install the fonts.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In general, fonts are supplied by the operating system; If you have access to the older computer you could copy the fonts and install them in the new computer. Under Windows fonts are installed using Control Panel /Fonts
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Fonts aren't added to programs. They are installed in Windows 10 by acquiring the font file, then right-clicking the file and selecting "Install". A Google search for the font should find where to get the font file if it's available.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
bartwuytens

Post by bartwuytens »

I do not kwow the type of these fonts and I don't have access to my old computer (it was stolen). I think my problem is to find these fonts on the net. I can't find them via google.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Mathematica is a product of a company called Wolfram; from the similarity of the name I suspect these fonts are commercial, distributed with one of their products. Someone may be able to recommend a similar font for download.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Mathematica is a product of a company called Wolfram;
bartwuytens, in this case maybe you have the installer file of that software of the Wolfram on a CD (or on other media) what you buyed for your old computer. And that installer media must be contain the specific font. Check the licence of the software, and istall it on your new computer.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

Website of the developer of the Mathmatica fonts.

Font set carefully prepared by André Kuzniarek for Wolfram's Mathematica package. Truetype and type 1 fonts
http://luc.devroye.org/fonts-27049.html

I'd guess that these are proprietorial. A quick google found https://mrchasemath.wordpress.com/2013/ ... ft-office/ which may be of some use if you do not, at Tibor suggested, have a CD with the mathematica fonts handy.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
bartwuytens

Re: Add mathematical fonts in Writer

Post by bartwuytens »

Thanks for your help and information. I installed some fonts from the link you suggested and they serve me well.
I can't remember how I laid hands on these mathematica fonts in the past, but it was certainly not by means of a CD or other media, I guess I picked them somewhere from the internet.
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

I'm glad the link helped. Are there any math fonts from that link you would particularly recommend for other users?
bartwuytens

Post by bartwuytens »

I installed and can recommend Xits-math.
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Add mathematical fonts in Writer

Post by jrkrideau »

Thanks