Find Calc files

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
bob314

Find Calc files

Post by bob314 »

using open office i created a number of spread sheets some time past, but in file/open documents are only open office writer docs. how do i find the recent calc docs?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: find calc files

Post by Bill »

Use Search in File Explorer. Open File Explorer and click Documents in the Navigation Pane. Click in the Search box and type "type:spreadsheet date:" (without the quotes). A calendar should pop up where you can select a date range.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

using open office i created a number of spread sheets some time past, but in file/open documents are only open office writer docs. how do i find the recent calc docs?
You must know, where you saved them...
What filetype have those spreadsheet file?

You can search with a third party file manager software (like the Total Commander, or Unreal Commander, or Free Commander /I am using these old fashioned file managers/) the
*.ods
*.xls
*.xlsx
*.csv
files on your hdd.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Tip the Windows key and then type .ods
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Bill wrote:Use Search in File Explorer. Open File Explorer and click Documents in the Navigation Pane. Click in the Search box and type "type:spreadsheet date:" (without the quotes). A calendar should pop up where you can select a date range.
This method also works in Windows 10 when using File > Open since the Open dialog has a Search Box.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04