[Solved] Download OpenOffice (in less than 7hrs)

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
AP280459

[Solved] Download OpenOffice (in less than 7hrs)

Post by AP280459 »

Hi I'm trying to download OpenOffice and it says it'l take 7hrs! I've got anew laptop so It's not that.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice Apache 4.1.3 Windows10
FJCC

Re: Open Office

Post by FJCC »

Are you downloading starting at www.openoffice.org? That is the only site you should use. From there you will be redirected to SourceForge but you should not click any links there, the download will start automatically. If you are starting from the recommended site, it shouldn't take anything like 7 hours under normal circumstances. A few minutes is typical for me.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Doing some quick math, for the OpenOffice download (134 M) to take 7 hours, works out to be about a 56k connection (presuming I'm remembering how to do that math correctly)
As FJCC says, a few minutes for a download is typical. I actually re-did the download to see what timing I got, and it came in at 2 minutes even.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
AP280459

Post by AP280459 »

FJCC wrote:Are you downloading starting at http://www.openoffice.org? That is the only site you should use. From there you will be redirected to SourceForge but you should not click any links there, the download will start automatically. If you are starting from the recommended site, it shouldn't take anything like 7 hours under normal circumstances. A few minutes is typical for me.
I went to the openoffice.org and was redirected to Apache OpenOffice from there there is a "I want to Download Office" but nothing downloads automatically?
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

After clicking "I want to download OpenOffice" you get a screen where you can pick your operating system, language and version. Judging from your signature, you want Windows (EXE) and version 4.1.3. Then click Download Full Installation. That will take you to SourceForge where the automatic download happens.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
AP280459

Post by AP280459 »

Thank you! I think now we are "All G" :) :bravo: