[Solved] Location of OXT files for templates

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Paul_E

[Solved] Location of OXT files for templates

Post by Paul_E »

I have downloaded a package of templates and the master file is an OXT file. I am using OO 4.1.2 running Win10.

Where should I move this file and how do I activate it?

Thank you for any help
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Paul
Open office 4.1.2 on WIN10
RoryOF

Re: Location of OXT files?

Post by RoryOF »

Double click it where it is, It will then install into the correct location and you can either store the .oxt or delete it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Paul_E

Post by Paul_E »

I did try the double click and nothing happened (file = sun_odf_template_pack2_en-us.oxt).
I tried moving it to C: > Program Files (x86) > OpenOffice 4 > share > extensions > Install, where I found dict-en.oxt, and tried double clicking it again.
The program asked me if I wanted to overwrite the installation, which I didn't realize I had, and I affirmed the overwrite.
When I go to Tools > Extension Manager, I cannot find anything but the OXT file which it gives me the choices of Disable or Remove.

How do I find the extensions or the method that will allow me to actually use the letter or spreadsheet templates?

Thank you for your help.
Paul
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

You need to find the templates that the extension installs, not the extension. Try File > New > Templates and Documents.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I have difficulties downloading sun_odf_template_pack2_en-us.oxt from sourceforge.net. My download manager gives up after 2/3 of the file size.
 Edit: After the 4th resume I got it all and when opening it I get quite a lot of templates. 
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

A workaround tip:
The .oxt files are ZIP archives really. Rename it (a copy of the downloaded extension), and unzip it manually. You can fin the template files in the directory structure.

(Maybe the zip structure is damaged in the downloded file. Try to download it again.

Can you install other extensions by double click on th .oxt file?
If the answer is "no", then try to reset your User profile and try to install .oxt-s again.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Paul_E

Post by Paul_E »

Bill wrote:Try File > New > Templates and Documents.
Thank you, Bill, this worked.
Paul