[Solved] OpenOffice 4.1.3 not saving documents properly

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Bellante

[Solved] OpenOffice 4.1.3 not saving documents properly

Post by Bellante »

I had OpenOffice 4.1.2 on windows 10 worked ok until suddenly it stopped opening documents properly, instead each time I now open any document I get open office document recovery, can anyone please explain in simple terms what has happened and how to correct it.
Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.2 (en GB) windows 7 64 bit
Hagar Delest

Re: Open Office 4.1.3 not saving documents properly

Post by Hagar Delest »

Before opening a document, make sure there is no file starting with .~lock.filename... (it may be a hidden file).

If so, delete it. Do that in each folder that prompts a document recovery.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bellante

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.3 not saving documents properly

Post by Bellante »

This appears to be one of those mysteries when a computer that has a mind entirely of its own. Before taking up your suggestion I tried to open the 3 test documents that previously would only open after Recovery. In each case the name of the document on recovery was "Untitled" and not the name I had given it, click on recovery and next "Recovery Failed" comes up, I close recovery which is followed by the document opening with the name I had given it.
And without making any changes to file extensions or anything else I tried some more trial documents which saved and opened properly, went back to the ones that only opened after recovery and now they open properly.
So everything back to normal, at the moment. Cant wait to see what HE, SHE, OR IT decides to do next. Thanks anyway for your help.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 (en GB) windows 7 64 bit