Sending Document to external hard drive

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
garbos

Sending Document to external hard drive

Post by garbos »

Hi, I am using Open Office Mainly for word documents...I can't seem to move my letter from the program...like to drop & drag it to a folder on the desk top or even to send it to my external hard drive. I've got win. 10.
Open Office 4.0.1 on windows 10
RusselB

Re: Sending Document to external hard drive

Post by RusselB »

Use the Save As option (under File) or change the path setting in Tools -> Options

Even if you don't o either of these, you should be able to drag & drop it to your external drive, as that is an operating system function and has nothing to do with Open Office
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Note: never work directly on a removable storing device. Save your file onto an inside storing device, and make a copy at end of editing onto the portable device. And often make backups of your important documents onto different media..
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

And always observe the external drive removal protocols.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

garbos wrote:Hi, I am using Open Office Mainly for word documents...I can't seem to move my letter from the program...like to drop & drag it to a folder on the desk top or even to send it to my external hard drive. I've got win. 10.
If you mean that you can't move files using the Open and Save As dialogs from OpenOffice, you should be able to move files which aren't open. The operating system won't let you move files which are open.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04