[Solved] English language extension install problem

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Maxton

[Solved] English language extension install problem

Post by Maxton »

Hey guys. Been using OO for a year now. Today I just updated from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 and that install went fine. Now I am trying to install the English language and thesaurus pack, and when I click the install button, the program does nothing, then in parenthesis it says not responding. Now I have it running in the background, but it still says not responding. I have tried stopping and restarting it several times in a effort to get it to install the extension update, no dice. Just keeps not responding. I will just leave it go and see how long it stays not responding.

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it? I am not very tech savy sadly.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.2
Bill
Volunteer

Re: English language extension install problem

Post by Bill »

What is your operating system?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Maxton

Post by Maxton »

Windows 10. Amd a10 laptop with 6gig ram.

I managed to solve the issue but I still don't know why it happened. When it happened, I had one of my Fan Fiction stories open.(86k words) On a whim, I did the extension on the initial screen, were you select which file or place you want to go in OO, instead of in the story file.(I hope that makes sense) It worked. I have no idea why, it worked when I installed it on the first screen as opposed to when I have the story file loaded. IS there anything you can tell me about why this may be happening?
OpenOffice 4.1.2
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

No idea. I always close open files before installing extensions.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04