[Solved] HP print problems running Windows 10

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Hawkeye_2008

[Solved] HP print problems running Windows 10

Post by Hawkeye_2008 »

I can not get my hp 4468 to print with open office 4.1.2 running windows 10. The print q for the printer still shows "0" after the window shows printing page 1 of 1. I have run the hp diagnostic program and I can print a test page and a diagnostic page. The HP diagnostic suggest re installing any software that wont print. I dug out my wireless printer (Epson w 100) Open office prints to it just like it should. Could it be the printer driver just simply wont work under windows 10 for the HP? Oh yes I did uninstall and reinstall open office as well as the HP printer
driver with no luck. Thanks in advance to all

PROBLEM SOLVED. In order to reset a HP, you have to unplug it on the printer end then press the power switch to bleed off the ram voltage. Otherwise all configurations will remain tge same
Last edited by Hawkeye_2008 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open office 4.1.2 on windows 10
RusselB

Re: HP print problems running windows 10

Post by RusselB »

Did you verify with HP that the driver you are using is Windows 10 compatible?
I don't recommend relying on Microsoft's update procedures to ensure you have the correct/most up-to-date driver.
I recall seeing an earlier post that was along the same lines as yours, though the printer manufacturer was different, and they found that the printer driver they had been using had been subsequently updated on the manufacturer's site, but not on Microsoft's.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: HP print problems running windows 10

Post by thomasjk »

Deleting the printer and reinstalling sometimes correct this issue.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2