Can't install dictionary and grammar checker

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
jakk54

Can't install dictionary and grammar checker

Post by jakk54 »

I tried to install the updated dictionary and grammar checker and I get the following error message:

Error while installing extension After the Deadline. English grammar checker.. The error message is: Could not create Java implementation loader
The extension will not be installed.

Can anyone help? I have no technical knowledge, so would really need plain English, if possible

John
jakk54. Open Office 4.1.2. Windows 10.
Hagar Delest

Re: Can't install dictionary and grammar checker

Post by Hagar Delest »

Is your Java recognized by AOO? You need to have the 32bit version, the 64bit is not recognized.
Not sure it will fix it but it may clear the Java installation question.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Can't install dictionary and grammar checker

Post by Bill »

The 32-bit Java should be installed and the option to use a Java runtime environment should be checked before trying to install the extension.

Download the "Windows Offline" file from http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and run the downloaded file to install the latest 32-bit Java. Start OpenOffice. Select Tools > Options > OpenOffice > Java and check "Use a Java runtime environment", then close OpenOffice. Right-click the downloaded After the Deadline .oxt file and select Install. The extension should now install without the Java error.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04