[Solved] I want to delete all formatting

Discuss the word processor
radios

[Solved] I want to delete all formatting

Post by radios »

How can I delete all formatting? If I remember correctly in word you could delete all formatting. Can I do that here also?
Thanks,
Charles
Last edited by RoryOF on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
Office 4 windows 10
RoryOF

Re: I want to delete all formatting

Post by RoryOF »

Ctrl A to select all, then select Clear All from the top of the styles dropdown on the formatting bar.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

Also, Format > Default Formatting (Ctrl+M). I think this leaves paragraph styles in place, where "Clear Formatting" from the toolbar clears ALL formatting, including the paragraph styles.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
radios

Post by radios »

Thank you rory and acknak. I am learning how to use openoffice. I bought a new computer and I thought I would go modern and get win 10....the latest technology. Well, it seems everything I used in win 7 I now have to pay for. Openoffice is a generous alternative to word. Now if I can find a program to copy music cd's (I use a little music for esl classes)
Office 4 windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you still have your old computer I urge you to consider trying one of the linux distros on it. You can try different linux distros from a Live DVD/USB without affecting the installed operating system. Then one can install a linux disto to run alongside the existing Windows installation, or overwrite it completely (remember to save any essential work to CD/DVD or USB key) before. Every linux distro has its advocates - the differences are like differences in the interiors of automobile brands - the functionality of the underlying engine and chassis is the same. Which you choose is up to you. I'm old fashioned and my distro of choice is Xubuntu (simple, fast). I don't regret having switched from Windows.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS