Change OpenOffice back to Danish from German ???

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
normark

Change OpenOffice back to Danish from German ???

Post by normark »

I got open office in danish some years ago.
Once I needed it to write in german, I made some changes, but from then on ,the whole system is german.
I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled 4.1.1. in danish , but it is still in german.
How can I change back to danish?
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: How can I change Open Office back to danish fro german ?

Post by thomasjk »

Try resetting the user profile viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426. That's the quick and dirty way.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How can I change Open Office back to danish fro german ?

Post by Villeroy »

You can Write Danish text with Chinese text portions and US-English figures in a German office suite. The language of the menues, dialogs and help files is independent from the languages used to write your document content.
You can edit danish and german documents side by side.
You can edit and spell check german and danish within the same document.
Tools>Options>LanguageSettings>Languages: Western language for new documents
Extras>Optionen>Spracheistellungen>Sprachen: Westliche Standardsprache
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
normark

Re: Change OpenOffice back to Danish from German ???

Post by normark »

I have struggled with the suggestions now for a week, I don't need to write chinese.
The language of the menues, dialogs and help files are still in german. Under "Benutzeroberfläche" there is no danish.
I do partly understand german, but why can't I have it in danish, as I had some time ago?
If it does not exist anymore, please tell me, so I don't waste time on further trials?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Change OpenOffice back to Danish from German ???

Post by Villeroy »

You tell us that "the whole system" is German but you do not tell us your operating system. Is it Windows? Is the whole Windows system set up in German?
You don't find "Danish" under "Benutzeroberfläche". Do you mean the "Benutzeroberfläche" in the language options of your office suite? OpenOffice supports more than 100 Benutzeroberflächen. It is not distributed with all of them.
I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled 4.1.1. in danish , but it is still in german.
This sounds very much like a Windows system. But you do not tell us what you try to reinstall. Did you download a Danish version of OpenOffice from http://www.openoffice.org/? Or did you download from somewhere else?
Did you really shutdown the German office? If the so called "quick-starter" is enabled, it is not enough to close all office windows. The nasty "quick-starter" is the blue icon in your system tray near the clock (if you happen to run some Windows version up to version 7). It indicates a running office suite even when there is no document window open.
You don't need to exchange a German office with a Danish one. You can go to http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html, download a Danish language pack for your office version and operating system, close the office suite (including the nasty "quick-starter"), install the Danish language pack and then you will find Danish under Extras>Optionen>Spracheinstellungen>Sprachen>Benutzeroberfläche.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice