Preferences for a Document only

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
colormage

Preferences for a Document only

Post by colormage »

Hi
I would like to create a cross platform Draw document that I can provide to users as a template.
The goal is to have the user design graphics and text in solid colors with no shading, gradients or transparency that would be returned to me for printing

The template should do all of the following
1. Set the page size (create a template document for each size)
2. Defined output resolution and other parameters (Set in the preferences)
3. Limit user to a minimal predefined color palette or preferably spot colors ( Create named colors but how to delete all others)

a. How do I set & save preferences to/for the document only and not the Office &/or Draw application that will not alter users preferences for their other documents and application preferences

Thank you
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.0 MAC 10.9.5 and windows
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Preferences for a Document only

Post by Zizi64 »

1. Set the page size (create a template document for each size)
The user defined STYLES are stored in the document (or in a template) file. Use 'Page styles' for this item. A draw document (or template) have one page style only. You can modify, and save the modified property into the file.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Preferences for a Document only

Post by Zizi64 »

3. Limit user to a minimal predefined color palette or preferably spot colors ( Create named colors but how to delete all others)
From the Help:
Load Colour List
Accesses the Open dialogue box, which allows you to select a colour palette.

Save Colour List
Opens the Save As dialogue box, which enables you to save the current colour table under a specified name. If you do not choose this command, the current colour table will be automatically saved as default and re-loaded the next time that you start LibreOffice.

The Load colour list and Save colour list icons are visible only if you select the Colours tab with the Format - Area command.
Colors1.png

In the LibreOffice there is an "Embed" checkbox option for this function. ApacheOpenOffice have not such option.
Colors2.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.