Trouble starting

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
j_user

Trouble starting

Post by j_user »

I'm having trouble starting OpenOffice when I double click on a file associated with OpenOffice. It will briefly show the splash screen but the splash screen will then disappear and the program won't launch. I can open files from within OpenOffice with File->open....

Here's what I've tried with no change in behavior:

1) Change the user profile directory name and relaunch. It asks me again to enter data but then won't launch the program.

2) Re-install OpenOffice and deleting the user profiles.

Thanks for any help...
Open Office 4.1.1

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
RusselB

Re: trouble starting

Post by RusselB »

Have you verified that OpenOffice is the default program for the appropriate extensions?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RoryOF

Re: trouble starting

Post by RoryOF »

Try starting TaskManager (Ctrl shift Esc) and kill any soffice processes shown on TM's processes tab.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
j_user

Re: Trouble starting

Post by j_user »

Thanks for the responses.

RusselB - OpenOffice is the default program for the appropriate file extensions. For example, .odt files are opened by OpenOffice Writeer. It indicates it is starting to open the file by showing the splash screen but then just stops.

RoryOF - There are no soffice processes showing before or after attempting to launch an OpenOffice file.
Open Office 4.1.1

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)