Corrupt File [Needing a Miracle]

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
rinai

Corrupt File [Needing a Miracle]

Post by rinai »

Hey guys,

I'm knew here and I've been looking through these forums all day trying different tutorials on how recover my corrupt file because I didn't want to make a repetitive thread. So far, nothing has worked. So I'm resorting to contacting anyone directly who can help.

As my signature states, I am running OpenOffice on 3.4.1 on Windows 8.
The battery of my computer has been terrible (needs replacement), so while i was working on this particular file my computer suddenly turned off. (There's the cause for my file corrupting.) If I've done this right, I'll have the corrupt file attached to this. If there's anyone who can help in either recovering the file or telling me straight out that it's a lost cause within a few hours that would be great.

This file is actually an essay for a class that is due tomorrow morning. Thanks for the feedback in advance!
Attachments
warka final.odt
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 8
acknak

Re: Corrupt File [Needing a Miracle]

Post by acknak »

So sorry, there's no recoverable data in the file--it's all zeroes.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Re: Corrupt File [Needing a Miracle]

Post by Hagar Delest »

Sadly, quite nothing to do I fear, see: 22 pages term paper replaced with pound signs.

Check the temporary folder of the system (see in OO Tools>Options>OO>Paths). If there are folders like sgmlf.tmp with a file having the same name inside, make a copy of that file, rename it in .odt and cross your fingers. If you have not rebooted, you might have those files still there.

If you want to help fix this problem, you can also do this survey created for this very problem: Document Recovery Survey.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10