Screen resolution

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
mclann1

Screen resolution

Post by mclann1 »

When I open up Open Office it changes my screen resolution from High to low and changes my whole screen completely. Open Office is the only program that does this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Open Office to correct this and it is still doing it. Can someone help. If I open Open Office I have to go in manually and change the resolution.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Install, Setup and Troubleshooting forum to MS Windows
Office 3.4.1 windows XP
RoryOF

Re: screen resolution

Post by RoryOF »

What graphics card are you using, and what is the desired resolution of your display?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: screen resolution

Post by thomasjk »

According to the website http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/sour ... aoo34.html OOo support 1024 x 768 and higher resolutions. What is you screen resolution?
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
graveyardwalker

Re: Screen resolution

Post by graveyardwalker »

I know I'm not the original poster, but am having this EXACT problem, which is why I came here. First let me say, I have used OO for YEARS & only when I had to get a new laptop last October, with Windows 7, did this ever happen. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but thought I should mention jik.

Currently my screen resolution settings are 1366 x 768 "(recommended)"....according to your post, it *should* be supported, shouldn't it? :-/ Any suggestions?
Open Office v. 3.4.1 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Try /Tools /Options /OpenOffice.org : View. On the Graphics output section disable one or other or both of "Use antialiasing and use hardware acceleration. Probably the culprit is Hardware acceleration. You may need to restart OpenOffice completely for this to take (not certain); easiest to restart computer.
Frankly63

Post by Frankly63 »

I had the same problem when opening an old oracle file in file explorer the first time with Apache.

Try starting the OO program first, then opening the file from within the program.

For some reason the file is now in high res.

And the next time it is opened in file explorer it is also high res.

Weird but seems to solve the problem.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 windows 10
raypaden

Post by raypaden »

I have complained about this before and none of the advice was helpful.

Let me describe the problem. Whenever I am rehearsing a presentation in my office, I like to use display 2. Display 1 has resolution 1920x1080. Display 2 has resolution 2560 x 1440 (which is recommended). Whenever I use display 2, the graphics are just weird and more importantly, unusable. What I discovered is that if I set display 2 to the same resolution as display 1 (i.e., 1920 x 1080) it works just fine. But the whole reason I purchased this external monitor is to get more resolution.

I tried to find some OpenOffice knob somewhere to tell it that the display is now 2560 x 1440, but I cannot find such a knob.

I am using Impress, with AOO version 4.1.6 and a fairly recent Windoze 10 release.

FWIW, Power Point does not have this problem, but I don't like Power Point.

Help!
Open Office 4.1.5
Windoze 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I can understand (but not explain) that presentations prepared using a lower (1920 etc) resolution may be distorted when displayed on a 2560 screen. Not having such a hi res screen I cannot experiment.

What happens if the presentation is prepared on a 2560 screen? Does it then, after Saving and reopening, display correctly on that screen?

I would also expect it to display correctly then on a lower resolution screen.
Herbert61

Post by Herbert61 »

Suffered this issue on a new install on a new W10 machine. For me I reset the W10 scale on the display settings to 100% away from the recommended 125%. The appearance of OO was much improved and changing the OO options->view->scaling value to something greater than 100% worked fine.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 / Windows 10