OpenOffice crashes on startup

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice crashes on startup

Post by Hagar Delest »

Don't you see an "OpenOffice.org" folder here? If so, rename the "user" subfolder (to user.old for example).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

paiming wrote:I have followed the instruction to change user profile by : click Start and type %appdata% in the Search box. Click "Roaming" but cannot fine user name to change ??
There is no user name at that location. There should be a folder named "OpenOffice.org". You can rename that folder to reset the user profile.
slacka

Post by slacka »

OpenOffice 4.0 on my Win7 64bit machine started crashing on startup. I tried a) reinstalling AOO, then b) resetting my profile, but nothing seemed to work. Then I discovered when I went to:
Tools > Options > Openoffice.org > Internet > (Proxy or Search)
OpenOffice crashed immediately, possibly caused by a) or b)

So now I had 2 issues,
  • 1) OpenOffice would crash after a few minutes of use
    2) OpenOffice would crash immediately after going to Tools > Options > Openoffice.org > Internet > Proxy
So I went to another machine with working AOO, and changed Proxy to a value then none and compared the difference.
I found the file
C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\registrymodifications.xcu had the value of:

Code: Select all

<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Inet/Settings"><prop oor:name="ooInetHTTPProxyName" oor:op="fuse"><value></value></prop></item>
<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Inet/Settings"><prop oor:name="ooInetHTTPProxyPort" oor:op="fuse"><value>0</value></prop></item>
<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Inet/Settings"><prop oor:name="ooInetProxyType" oor:op="fuse"><value>0</value></prop></item>
I then added this to my registrymodifications.xcu on the crashing Machine with notepad.

After 2 days, I have not experienced a startup crash. So I can assume 1) is fixed. However, I still cannot view the Proxy or Search options without crashing AOO.
OpenOffice 4.0 on Windows Vista