[Issue] Error Message When Looking at Product Features

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Leafer

[Issue] Error Message When Looking at Product Features

Post by Leafer »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? None at present
What Operating System (version) are you using? XP SP2
What is your question or comment? When I go to the website and click on "I want to learn more" is get the following error message:

"Your browser cannot display this site correctly - please ask your vendor for an upgrade"

I am a holdout and still using IE6. Everything is fully patched. I just noticed the problem the other day and thought it might be a site issue, but I suppose it isn't as the error message suggests. Since I don't have full Microsoft Office (I only have Word and Works 6.0), I was debating the idea of downloading it, specifically to create some slideshows using the Impress feature. I know I can download it anyways, but I really wanted to look at the features first.

I have asked several friends to check it out and they are getting the error message as well using IE7.

Note: Most up-to-date Java is installed.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged the thread as issue (link to a bug report).
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: Error Message When Looking at Product Features

Post by AndrewZ »

Good catch. I confirm it, so I reported it. Let's see what happens

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=88706
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
Leafer

Re: Error Message When Looking at Product Features

Post by Leafer »

Thanks for submitting the report. I worked around the problem by googling and going directly to the Impress page, but thought it should be brought to someone's attention.