[Solved] Installing a dictionary

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
cloutier

[Solved] Installing a dictionary

Post by cloutier »

After installing OO 2.4, I have tried to install the French dictionaries (hyphenation and synonyms) using the "wizard" (DictOoo), but although I can see that the dictionary files are in the appropriate folder, and that "dictionary.lst" has been updated, OO-Writer still ignores their existence. Can anyone help me?
I might add that I am shocked that these dictionaries are not provided automatically with the French version of the software. Someone is not doing their job properly, to say the least. :shock: :evil: :!:
Last edited by cloutier on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Installing a dictionary

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have you restarted OOo and the Quickstarter?

Some dictionary files are not available directly with OOo because of licensing issues.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
cloutier

Re: [Solved] Installing a dictionary

Post by cloutier »

Restarting OOo alone did not fix the problem, because I restarted the program twice after installing the dictionaries, but did not see any change. Only now, when I restarted the computer altogether, did the new dictionaries become available. If a reboot is necessary for the installation to be complete, then OOo should at least prompt the user for an automatic reboot - or else, there is something in the procedure to start the program which I missed. :?
Thanks for the help anyway.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Is the quickstarter enabled? OOo icon in the systray bottom right of your screen? If so, then you may have forgotten to switch it off.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
cloutier

Post by cloutier »

Thanks for the information. I didn't know what the quick starter was - I thought it was the button directly accessible through the "start" menu. I guess that's why OOo did not notice the changes until I rebooted. :oops:
Thanks again.