OO 2.4 Installation problem!!!

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
denisk

OO 2.4 Installation problem!!!

Post by denisk »

Hello people,

This week I updated my OO 2.3 to 2.4, but during its installation, it identified an error in the registry file: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classses\.sdp\OpenWithProIDs , and then it deisntalled everything and since then, I'm not able to install the program anymore. I have a very important prasentation in one month but I'm not able to create the document. The 2.3 was deinstalled, so I don't have the program anymore.

Please, I need your help as soon as possible. I would be very glad if my problem could be solved.

Thank you since now,

Denis.
TerryE
Volunteer

Re: OO 2.4 Installation problem!!!

Post by TerryE »

One of the reasons for failing to update or delete Registry keys is the access permissions on the keys. This typically occurs if you are attempting to uninstall from a different user than that was used to install the package. The trouble is that remedying this usually involves modifying permissions which is difficult under XPHome. One trick is to boot in Safe Mode and you will then see the Admin Account exposed. If you log on as this, you will that full admin privileges and you will see that the XPpro style permissions are revealed. You might be able to install OOo from this account, but make sure that you enable use by all users.

However, be careful because you can trash you system when in this account.

Also please do not cross post. I've deleted your duplicate post.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.