[Solved] Spell Checker Aust

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Maree

[Solved] Spell Checker Aust

Post by Maree »

SOLVED!!! - Thanks :)

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using?2.4
What Operating System (version) are you using?Vista HP
What is your question or comment? Much like others (i.e. the NZ) question. I have done everything I can to get the Australian language dictionary/thesauraus ect I have downloaded to work in the spell check facility. However, no matter what I do the only languages I can get to work are those preloaded i.e UK, USA or South Africa. I have been into the writing aids however I have noted that in the "Available language modules" when I go to edit, the only English options are for: (South Africa), (UK) and (USA). In the user defined dictionaries I can get standard [English (Australia)]. Under Languages everything has been changed to English (Australia) for the user interface, locale setting and so on. Yet still nothing, I have installed the dictionaries in the location I was advised of C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\share\dict\ooo. I have restarted my computer. I am not sure where else I am supposed to go with this. I would prefer to use the Australian dictionary as we tend to have some US and some UK spellings not all of either however! If there is anything someone can suggest to help with this I would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by Maree on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Spell Checker Aust

Post by Hagar Delest »

How have you installed the dictionaries? See here: [Tutorial] Spell check and Language configuration. If you have unzipped manually the files, have you changed the dictionary.lst file?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.

NB: moved the thread to the Setup and Troubleshouting forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10