Keyboard Shortcut- Switch Windows?

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
immothy

Keyboard Shortcut- Switch Windows?

Post by immothy »

Hi All, I am looking for a keyboard shortcut to switch between open windows in OpenOffice?

If anyone is familiar with windows office the command was apple-` on my mac. It was really effective and useful and I am surprised OpenOffice doesn't have it.

I tried modifying my keyboard shortcuts under the tools menu but couldn't find anything that worked.
I also tried looking for faqs and docs through search engines, and on this forum, under they keywords switch open document openoffice keyboard shortcut, but I couldn't find anything. I did come across this page http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibil ... paper.html , which says keyboard switching between documents was added as a feature but doesn't reference the actual shortcut.

Please help. This seems like such a simple command. Am I missing something obvious?
OpenOffice 3.2 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Keyboard Shortcut- Switch Windows?

Post by kingfisher »

Alt + Tab

There is a section in Help called "Shortcuts (OpenOffice.org Accessibility)" from which this is quoted:
Help (F1) wrote:Calling a menu command
Press Alt or F6 or F10 to select the first menu (the File menu). With right arrow, the next menu to the right is selected; with left arrow, the previous menu.
Arrow down opens a selected menu. Any additional arrow down and up arrow move the selection through the menu commands. With right arrow you open any existing sub-menus.
Press Enter to execute the selected menu command.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Switching can be done with keyboard shortcuts using the method suggested by kingfisher. I don't know if cycling through the windows by application like on your mac can be done in Ubuntu. In Vista, a utility program like VistaSwitcher is needed.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

With Ubuntu 11.10 and Gnome 3, you can use Alt + the key above Tab.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
curlyhart

Post by curlyhart »

command ` works for me on mac.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Windows XP Home edition