[Solved] Wacom Graphics Tablet

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
kilgetty

[Solved] Wacom Graphics Tablet

Post by kilgetty »

Can you please tell me if I am able to use my Wacom Graphics Tablet in OOo 3? If so which chapter of the user handbook is the information in, as I have been unable to find any mention of it. I ask this question because I have found that if MS Office can do something so can OOo 3.
Last edited by kilgetty on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 3.2
Windows 7 64 bit
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Wacom Graphics Tablet

Post by jrkrideau »

kilgetty wrote:Can you please tell me if I am able to use my Wacom Graphics Tablet in OOo 3? If so which chapter of the user handbook is the information in, as I have been unable to find any mention of it. I ask this question because I have found that if MS Office can do something so can OOo 3.
Not always true. You might want to ask the makers of the tablet. Otherwise just install it and see? It does not cost anything except a bit of time
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

OOo isn't a clone of MS Office, they doa lot of the same stuff, and OOo can also read/write the most common MS Office file formats, but beneath the hood they are very different applications. Add-ons that work with MS Office often don't work with OOo because the manufacturer of the add-on designed it specifically for MS Office.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Post by B Marcelly »

Hi,
kilgetty wrote:Can you please tell me if I am able to use my Wacom Graphics Tablet in OOo 3?
- what do you expect your tablet could do with OOo ?
- is your Wacom driver compatible to your Windows 7 OS ?

I own a Wacom Intuos tablet . It has always worked perfectly on Windows XP with all versions of OpenOffice.org (and all other programs, too), with the mouse and the pencil.
Pressure, inclination, eraser functions of the pencil of course are not used by OpenOffice. It is not a Painter program.
Bernard

OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.0.5
MS-Windows 7 Home SP1