paste function not working

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
kcgapgirl

paste function not working

Post by kcgapgirl »

I have always been able to copy and paste URL's into regular documents and have been able to do copying and pasting in the spreadsheet. For the last week I have not been able to. The paste function is grayed out. Help! It's very inconvenient...
acknak

Re: paste function not working

Post by acknak »

Have you read the Forum Survival Guide?

What OS and OOo version are you using?

Have you restarted you computer since you noticed the trouble?

Can you copy/paste within OOo (e.g. from one spreadsheet cell to another in the same document)?

Can you copy/paste regular text (vs. a hyperlink)?

I assume other applications on the computer can copy/paste ok--right?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
kcgapgirl

Post by kcgapgirl »

I have Windows XP. Not sure what version of Open Office I have as I am on a different computer right now, but I downloaded it last year. I have restarted my computer at least once since the problem occurred. I normally keep in in stand by mode. I cannot copy and paste from one spreadsheet cell to the other, which is annoying when you are doing accounting statements, etc. I cannot copy and paste anything in Open Office but am having no trouble with other programs. I'll look at the Forum Survival Guide...
acknak

Post by acknak »

I think it would be worth your time to upgrade. I don't know if that will fix the problem--it might--but even if it doesn't, the upgrade itself is worthwhile.

You can always check the version number using Help > About OOo.

If I were you, and I didn't want to upgrade right away, I would first try a repair or re-install. Just run the OOo setup utility and it should take you through that.

If that doesn't help, then the only other thing I know of to try is renaming the OOo settings folder. That will force OOo to create a new one, and give it a clean slate, so to speak.

On Windows: \Documents and settings\user\Application data\Openoffice.org2

Just change the name of that folder to something different.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23