[Solved] Spell Checker again

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
lindsayllama

[Solved] Spell Checker again

Post by lindsayllama »

Ever since I installed the 2.3.1 update, my spell check has not been working, it simply doesn't detect and mispellings at all. My language settings are all set to Canadian English. I tried the suggestion above, but everything looks the way it should be, and I'm still having the problem. Its also not doing the autocomplete function anymore. Help!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: Spell Checker again

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've split the topic because the initial question has been solved.

What's the language of your Default paragraph style? Do you see the V checkmark before the Canadian entry in language drop-down lists?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
NancyW

Post by NancyW »

Dear Hagar and Lindallama:
I am Bruce Martin but I have a problem with my username. Currently I am on Nancy's machine. Nancy is one of the people I have introduced and trained in the use of Open Office.

I can be reached by normal email at: rebm@videotron.ca, since I do not remember my username properly at the moment.

I also have had spellcheck problems on a number of Windows XP - based machines, and continue to struggle ongoing. Like Linda I am also in Canada. I generally set up Open office for various people with Canadian English, Canadian French and Spanish (usually Mexican). None of these work. I have also tried setting the default paragraph style to no avail. Version 2.3 has an embarrassing problem!

Hagar can you put this one to the message lists for the techies, or is it already under study? Please email me back as a number of users are involved.

(R. E.) Bruce Martin
Quebec, Canada
rebm@videotron.ca
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Do you see the "V" checkmark befofre the languages in the list?

Note that you may have been registered on the older forum (oooforum). This one is a new one, you need to register.

NB: no mail, the discussion can be useful for everyone. Please read the Survival Guide for the forum. (And [Tutorial] Spell check and Language configuration if not already done).
lindsayllama

Re: Spell Checker again SOLVED

Post by lindsayllama »

Hello,

It turns out that when I downloaded 2.3.1 it erased the dictionaries which I had installed, so I had to reinstall them. I had my language set to Canadian english, but without the dictionary the spell checker didn't do a darn thing. Problem solved.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Right, you should put the dics in your OOo user profile, see that section of the tutorial: I want to upgrade OOo, what about my settings for languages ?