[Solved] script.xlb and dialog.xlb general error

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?

[Solved] script.xlb and dialog.xlb general error

Postby Spurred_On » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:39 am

Howdy. I recently installed OOo 3.0.1. on a Windows XP system. I previously had OOo 3.0 installed in a folder path which I wanted to change. I uninstalled OOo 3.0, then installed 3.0.1 to a folder in a new path. The installation proceeded without any errors. However, every time I open any component of OOo 3.0.1 I am greeted with two error messages:

OpenOffice.org 3/Basis/share/basic/Launcher/script.xlb: General Error.
General input/output error

OpenOffice.org 3/Basis/share/basic/Launcher/dialog.xlb: General Error.
General input/output error

After clicking the two error messages closed, the program works normally. I have not noticed any part of any module which does not function properly. I have installed new extensions, used previously installed extensions, opened old and created new documents, saved, printed documents, etc. Is there some pointer in the Windows Registry or my user folder from a previous installation that needs to be corrected, or are these error messages generated solely by the new installation? More importantly, how do I correct the problem?

Tony
Last edited by Spurred_On on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.1.0 using Ms Windows XP Pro and Fedora Linux; Firefox browser on both OSs
Spurred_On

Re: scrit.xlb and dialog.xlb general error

Postby Hagar Delest » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:57 am

Same as that one it seems: [Solved] script.xlb and dialog.xlb error.
See also that one: [Solved] Error when starting OpenOffice 2.3.

You can also reset your OOo user profile. But during the welcome process, don't transfer your personal data if you had 2.x version before, former configuration files might corrupt the new profile.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.0.1 on Windows 7 and Xubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
Hagar Delest

Postby Spurred_On » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Howdy Hagar. I had done a search before I posted, but didn't read the two posts you referred me to because they were for 2.x versions of OOo. Replacing the script.xlb and script.xlc plus the dialog.xlb and dialog.xlc files in my user basic and Standard folders with the same files from the new program installation basic and Standard folders resolved the issue. Thanks for your help. I'll keep this solution for the next time I install an update of OOo.
OOo 3.1.0 using Ms Windows XP Pro and Fedora Linux; Firefox browser on both OSs
Spurred_On

Postby Hagar Delest » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Spurred_On wrote:I'll keep this solution for the next time I install an update of OOo.

Well, I've never experienced that and there is not so many threads about that here neither. So it may be a corner case.
AOO 4.0.1 on Windows 7 and Xubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
Hagar Delest

Return to Install, Setup and Troubleshooting