unable to find and save files from open office

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
hilda

unable to find and save files from open office

Post by hilda »

Help,

I cannot save documents anymore, nor open them from open office. There is nothing shown if i choose "open" and if i open the file from windows explorer i cannot save it with another name, again nothing happens if i choose "save as"

Hilda
TerryE
Volunteer

Re: unable to find and save files from open office

Post by TerryE »

Hilda, please scan the survival guide sticky at the top of this forum. With this level of detail, all we can do is offer our sympathy. What OS, what version of OOo? You say anymore. So what has changed since it was working? Do only you use the PC are do others in your family/work also use it?

It sounds as if you have lost write access to the folder that contains your documents. You can check this by trying to do a copy/paste of a file with exploere. If this fails then you issue not to do with OOo.

Without hard detail, we can't help you. We are not clairvoyant.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: unable to find and save files from open office

Post by Bill »

hilda wrote:Help,

I cannot save documents anymore, nor open them from open office. There is nothing shown if i choose "open" and if i open the file from windows explorer i cannot save it with another name, again nothing happens if i choose "save as"

Hilda
This could be a case of off-screen "save as" and "open" dialogs. After choosing "open", press ALT+SPACE. If the dialog is off the screen, a menu should appear at the edge of the screen. Click "Move" on the menu then press the arrow keys to move the dialog back on-screen. Use the same procedure to move the "save as" dialog back on-screen.